2-seam

I recently added a 2-seamer to my arsenal, and I have some concerns about my arm health. My 2-seamer has about 6-8 inches of inside break. It looks like a lefty slider. I don’t pronate my arm when I throw it. The break just comes narurally with the grip. My main concern is that I am not actually throwing a screwball or that this will put excessive strain on my arm.

Thanks for any help,
Striver.

Relax, Striver. You’re not throwing a screwball or any other pitch that might injure your arm. The two-seam fast ball, otherwise known as a sinker, is thrown like a fast ball which it is, and if the break you’re getting on it is the natural result of the grip, you’re okay. You just want to make sure you’re throwing from a high enough mound to enable you to get a good downward-plane movement on it. You can throw that pitch from any arm angle, so use the one that’s most comfortable for you. 8)

[quote=“Striver”]I recently added a 2-seamer to my arsenal, and I have some concerns about my arm health. My 2-seamer has about 6-8 inches of inside break. It looks like a lefty slider. I don’t pronate my arm when I throw it. The break just comes narurally with the grip. My main concern is that I am not actually throwing a screwball or that this will put excessive strain on my arm.

Thanks for any help,
Striver.[/quote]

As long as you throw the two-seam the same as any other fastball,
it should be fine.
Do you also throw the four-seam fastball?

It should put no more strain on your arm vs your 4 seam, you are the only one that would know if there is any change to the feeling of your regular fastball.