2-seam movement

how do I make my 2 seamer run in on a right handed batter. All it does is sink

Im not sure but I think all a 2 seemer is soppused to do is sink. Dont think that Ive ever heard of one curving like that.

I know scott kazmir’s moves in on a lefty batter

Finger pressure(s) and pronation

fingers in between the seams, no finger pressure, have to have enough speed, and release point, thats the most important one, u either have or dont really

Short arming the ball gets you a lot of cut. But the dangers are too much.

Sink is better than run–enjoy it.

If you want it to run, just aim it higher so that it sinks into their hands. Brandon Webb does this as well as throwing it down in the zone.

Um, no…I have no idea how short arming would cause the ball to cut.

I couldn’t agree with you more.

exactly

what is short arming and why is it so dangerous. can you show me an example of short arming in a video clip?

[quote=“dusty delso”]what is short arming and why is it so dangerous. can you show me an example of short arming in a video clip?[/quote]it could be considered like dropping your elbow a little bit, it does create more movement but causes injuries

dusty delso wrote:[quote]what is short arming and why is it so dangerous. can you show me an example of short arming in a video clip?[/quote]

Bring the ball out of the glove and right to the high cocked position. Picture a catchers quick release.

bartolo colon and billy wagner are both short-armers. Bartolo Colon’s the better example.

so is colon bad

no, it’s different

Matt Cain is considered a short armer. It as a lot to do with mechanics.
I’m a left handed pitcher and i’ve always had at least 6 inches of run on my 2 seamer in on a left handed batter. I don’t my wrist, I dont ad extra finger pressure, I just throw the baseball and it does it all for me. I think it has more to do with how i’m anatomically constructed then my mechanics, as my 4 seamer has a few inches of run as well, even at 85 mph.
On the flip side its very hard for me to throw a cutter, as my natural arm motion spins the ball the opposite way. Just master what you got and you’ll do well.

[quote=“Ozmiummink”]Matt Cain is considered a short armer. It as a lot to do with mechanics.
I’m a left handed pitcher and i’ve always had at least 6 inches of run on my 2 seamer in on a left handed batter. I don’t my wrist, I dont ad extra finger pressure, I just throw the baseball and it does it all for me. I think it has more to do with how i’m anatomically constructed then my mechanics, as my 4 seamer has a few inches of run as well, even at 85 mph.
On the flip side its very hard for me to throw a cutter, as my natural arm motion spins the ball the opposite way. Just master what you got and you’ll do well.[/quote]

Matt Cain is NOT a short-armer. He’s borderline inverted W. Welcome to the forums.

“borderline inverted w”

I live in san francisco and the announcers are always talking about how matt cains velocity looks faster because he short arms the ball. By short arming they mean the time it takes him to bring to ball to the cocked position is much shorter, giving the batter a shorter look at the ball.

Announcer 1: "Yes matt cains more of a borderline inverted w"
Announcer 2: “Thats right fred!”

Find me a short armer and i’d love to see it for comparisons sake, but for now i’ll stick with the guys with the credentials.

You need to learn to be careful when listening to announcers, even national guys like Tim McCarver. During the WS I kept a running tally of the mistakes he made.

I assume these announcers are also big believers in hitters extending through the Point Of Contact (aka “extension”).