2 Seam Fastball

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my 2 Seam Fastball doesn’t break at all. I rest my fingers on top of the parrelel seams at the narrowest point, don’t hold it all the way into my palm… just until the first section of my fingers [closest to the palm]

It reaches 65-67 MPH but does nothing… looks like a 4 Seam

HELP

Welcome to the club man, I have 0 movement also.

Nothing you can do about it really, turning it over helps

my 2 seam has tons of movement but i just throw it like my 4seam.

i has 0 movement on my 2 seam, but an inward tail to right handers on my 4 seam. LOL something seams wrong

3 Things to try.

1. Pronate. ie rotate your wrist somewhat opposite of a Curveball. I don’t know much about Pronating and if its healthy or not but I do know it is taught.

2. Pressure. Try putting pressure on your index finger so that the ball is pushed at a different spin angle, if that makes sense. This will make your ball move, this is what I do.

3. Thumb. Move your thumb around underneath the ball, I wish they had a clip of Rick Sutcliffe on ESPN discussing Mariano Rivera and the movement he gets on his cutter and the way to get good movement on the two-seam. Sink and Tail. He said moving your thumb is what Rivera and Chien Ming Wang do.

[quote=“alanshadow22”]3 Things to try.

1. Pressure. Try putting pressure on your index finger so that the ball is pushed at a different spin angle, if that makes sense. This will make your ball move, this is what I do.

[quote]
good advice right there

i had the same problem but try this

you know the narrowest part thats like the “train tracks” of the baseball

ex. (I I) well have the index fingerto the right of the left seam and the middle finger to the right of the right seam and apply pressure with the middle finger and throw fingers ontop of the ball.

works for me and it has become my sick sinker

i got the same thing sometimes i can’t get the down and in movement to the right handed batter {im a right handed pitcher}

Also it depends on what side of the rubber you stand on if you are right handed you want to stand on the left side and left handed the opposite.
For some reason the side of the rubber matters.

ive been told for right handers to use the right side of the rubber and lefties the left side

most sinker ball pitchers with down and in movement use the left side of the rubber if you are right handed.

Both of these are absolute rules that, in my opinion, shouldn’t be absolute.

I know the reason people give for standing on the throwing arm side of the rubber is to create angle in the trajectory of the pitch. My personal opinion is the increase in angle from moving to the throwing arm side of the rubber versus not doing so is really insignificant.

There is a good reason to stand on the glove arm side of the rubber. If you tend to stride to the throwing arm side and end up throwing back across your body, moving to the glove arm side can reduce how much you throw back across your body but reducing the “corner” you have to turn to get squared up to the target. This can also reduce or eliminate posture changes that can accompany one’s attempt to turn that corner. Of course, if you don’t have this issue, then this strategy is unnecessary.

so if you dont have that issue it doesnt really matter where u stand on the rubber… as long as it feels comfertable?[/quote]

so if you dont have that issue it doesnt really matter where u stand on the rubber… as long as it feels comfertable?

if you are right handed and you stand on the right side of the rubber it is hard to get the down and in movement to the right handed batter. That’s why i said try the left side but do what ever makes you feel good.