2 Seam Break

I’m a sophomore, and right now im hitting lower mid 70s in games being 5’10" and 155lbs. I throw from a high 3/4 slot, and I was just wondering what a good 2 seam break would be. Some fancy machine has my horizontal break at anywhere from 13-15in. My spin efficiency is usually 98-100% (100% being like 1493 out of 1499 or so).

Also, whats a good way to increase my velocity? I throw a sinking changeup and a knuckle slurve I made up. Thanks for any help.

Edit: (Also sorry if this in the wrong category, I am new to the website)

RDM1010

If you are a right handed pitcher, a good 2 seam fastball should move down and in toward a right handed hitter and down and away from a left handed batter. Take a look at Miguel Diaz pitching a real nasty 2 seamer to a left handed batter.

As for gaining velocity, do you have a plan in place for the off-season? If not you should include a good functional workout program to gain weight. Off-season program should also include a dynamic warm up, band work, throwing drills for accuracy, med balls, throwing program, thoracic exercises, and pitching drills.

Steve - EBP

13 to 15 inches seems like a lot of horizontal break for a true 2 seam. If you look at the Rob Friedman pitch linked above, its breaking from the inside black to the middle of the plate which would be in the 8 to 10 inch range max.

I wonder if you might be accidentally throwing a screwball or cutting the ball with finger pressure. What was the vertical break on these pitches?

I get about 12ish inches of vertical break, but I throw it faster than my 4 seam so I dont think it could be a screwball.

I try my best to work out, depending on the day I might get 2ish hundred pushups in (I dont have any weights), I was just wondering if there were specific exercises to help or if I just needed to workout. I heard that continuing to long toss would help also, I don’t know if thats true, but it seems logical though.