19 year old greg maddux pitching

I have watched some of this video a few times. I thought other people might want to see it as well.

Enjoy!

Great video thanks for sharing it

His mechanics have remained basically the same his whole career. He became more compact, in my opinion, when he got to the MLB.

I think his mechanics in that video would be hard to repeat. Especially for a starting pitcher.

Man that was one floppy ragged lookin hook he was warmin up on…but that 1st 2-1 hook was a nasty set-up for that 1st k and then on the 4th batter throws that yacker for a pretty called strike…way more than he’d ever use the hook in his career… :lol:

He obviously hated this mound…

mech wise it is consistent with that vid of him in his hs bullpen that has circulated…Greg from the get-go 8)

I loved how he reacted defensively (This 19 yr old was obviously very knowledgable of his place on the field for every play).

I just reliazed that there is a thread meant for mechanics video or pros. Sorry for making my own thread! :o

Think nothing of it…a great topic anywhere.

I’ll never forget the CG I watched him throw when he was with SD on 82 pitches!

I recently bought the Ken Burns Inning 10 and watching the special features portion when they were interviewing guys about Maddux was amazing.

He could pass for a 14 year old in this video. Except for his acutal pitching. No 14 year old could pitch like that. :lol:

Very cool!

He could pass for a 14 year old in this video. Except for his acutal pitching. No 14 year old could pitch like that. Laughing