19 year old College Sophomore

Thought it would be nice to hear some outside opinions on my mechanics. Sorry for the length and angle of the video, this is all I have on my personal camera. For some background info, I’m 6 foot 175 and the fastballs in this video range from 87-90. I’m not sure of the velo on the slider. Anyways, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

based on the angle it looks like your landing with your hips already open which causes you to lose a little bit of velocity (i.e your not taking a straight line to your target and then opening the hips)… but its best to wait for someone with more experience to come in and shine some light on your situation

Wow, really hard to see your mechanics on this video, couple of reasons are the angle is tough to judge anything and then soooo far away.

The things I do like is good small movements prior to the post and a nice balance post postion. Some improvements could be made in that as you move toward home your before your foot strike your foot gets quite far off the ground and kind of comes down with a thump it looks like. You want to step down as though you are stepping on eggs. Next I could see that you have good hip movement forward but you could still use more, work some hersheiser drills to improve this.

Wow, really hard to see your mechanics on this video, couple of reasons are the angle is tough to judge anything and then soooo far away.

The things I do like is good small movements prior to the post and a nice balance post postion. Some improvements could be made in that as you move toward home, before your foot strike your foot gets quite far off the ground and kind of comes down with a thump it looks like. You want to step down as though you are stepping on eggs. Next I could see that you have good hip movement forward but you could still use more, work some hersheiser drills to improve this.

I agree with your guy’s stance on my hips opening too early and not enough drive. I’ll get a new video of my start tomorrow with a better angle and have it posted tomorrow.

i believe ur throwing consistent upper80s, good flow/arm action, good firm lower half

i think youre not getting “enough” drive due to a possible strength issue or not being as quick when the time is to push off

i dont know your history and this angle is a little hard to judge stride and lead foot action…

im in a similar situation where im just simply not quick enough yet to explode the back leg into landing… working on it though

Sorry for the long wait, I’ve been quite busy. Anyways, here are some updated videos of my mechanics. Analysis is appreciated.