18 yr old RHP Mechanics-please review

It is hard to fully see based on where you begin your video clip, however this is what I think I’m seeing.

When the video begins you body appears to be lowering (bend in back knee) toward the ground first then toward home. I would suggest staying up a little longer and going toward home plate first.

Landing foot appears to be landing open and as you come down on your heel it looks like you are on the outside of your foot. Try landing with a more closed foot (toes pointing straight to a little right of home plate) and more on the ball of your foot instead of the heel.

Maybe post new clips with more views and start recording sooner.

from what i have learnt from driverline and ChrisOleary,

you have a inverted V problem which means, the elbow is higher than the shoulder

this is the same problem like Zumaya, Aj Burnett , etc

there are many pitchers in the big league with that action but they all have injuries and not smooth career like mussina or maddux.

The main problem I see is that you are starting your shoulder rotation too early by pulling your left elbow back. You need to wait until your hips have rotated until they are square to home plate.

Also, your right elbow is too high. In this position, you are jamming the top of the humerus into the shoulder socket and abrading the tendon of the supraspinatus. This will eventually lead to a torn rotator cuff. The right arm never needs to go above parallel to the ground.

I agree. One major cause of a lot of arm injuries, shnoulder problems, what-not, is that the elbow is higher than the shoulder—and it should not me. Neither should it be below the shoulder. It should be level with it, and this ideal situation is very often found among pitchers who throw sidearm or close to it. I myself was a true natural sidearmer, and I always threw with that arm and shoulder parallel to the ground, and I found it the easiest, most natural and comfortable delivery there was. So if this guy is having issues with his delivery perhaps he should re-examine the way he’s throwing; ordinarily I don’t advocate changing an arm slot but perhaps a change is in order here, to get the arm and shoulder level. 8)

Pure speculation. Not one person can say definitively that this can cause an arm injury, or even increase the risk of an injury.

I would prefer that the elbow stays about shoulder level, but for reasons of obtaining better “mechanical advantage” and putting more force behind the baseball.

To say that it causes injury if the elbow is to high is a reach IMO.