17 yrs old. lets make it happen!

first off, my goal is to get a scholarship to a good academic college. academics are definately a priority. along with being the best ballplayer i can! i just turned 17 and still have 2 school baseball seasons (spring) and two summer ball seasons left.
here are my #'s

185 lbs
body fat- 16-17% -i want 12-13 by season
6’1’'
squat-285
power clean-190
bench-180(this is irrelevant)
deadlift-?
standing vertical-19
60yd dash-7.6-7.9

FB-in games 78-79, topping at 82
cutter-73-75
knucklecurve-67ish
change-69-70

let’s get it started! i want to find my ceiling velocity, someday. and i might die trying to do so

Well I wish you the best of luck! It is definitely a great feeling when you work hard at something and accomplish your goals.

Some things I’ll point out are:

*DI and DII are basically the same level of baseball( Guys from DII get drafted all the time)

*You have gotta to be hitting the numbers, What i mean is you need to be throwing mid 80s or higher on the stalker consistently.

*Are you a lefty or righty?

*Find the good showcases in your area and go to them.

*The end of summer/early fall before you’ve started your senior year is the time colleges are doing their recruiting and signings.

*GRADES…These are a very big deal, make sure your keeping up in school. Colleges have certain requirements to get in, if you don’t meet them you can’t go there no matter how good you are.

*Take a break man, 10 months is pretty long, maybe a 2 month rest wouldn’t hurt you. Keep up your workouts, but don’t throw.

*Find yourself a coach or mentor that knows about getting in to college,etc, and talk to them about your goals.

*I think I covered it all :slight_smile:

-Just a note about myself. I just turned 18 and I’m a senior. I recently signed here in the fall for a DII school and received a 60% scholarship.
I also attended a lot of showcases before this around the end of summer/beginning of fall. I got calls from DI schools but I didn’t have good enough grades to go there : / I’m very happy with the DII though!

workout this morning-

power cleans 5 sets. 8,8,5,3,1

parallel squat 4 sets. 5,5,3,1

box jumps 2x10

skater strides 2x10

med ball throw to ceiling all 3x5 (squat, lunge, single leg)

So…

So…

so…what?

Well I kinda posted this BIG A S S reply and I’d like to know your thoughts on it???

[quote=“TheUnDiscovered”]Well I wish you the best of luck! It is definitely a great feeling when you work hard at something and accomplish your goals.

Some things I’ll point out are:

*DI and DII are basically the same level of baseball( Guys from DII get drafted all the time)

*You have gotta to be hitting the numbers, What i mean is you need to be throwing mid 80s or higher on the stalker consistently.

*Are you a lefty or righty?

*Find the good showcases in your area and go to them.

*The end of summer/early fall before you’ve started your senior year is the time colleges are doing their recruiting and signings.

*GRADES…These are a very big deal, make sure your keeping up in school. Colleges have certain requirements to get in, if you don’t meet them you can’t go there no matter how good you are.

*Take a break man, 10 months is pretty long, maybe a 2 month rest wouldn’t hurt you. Keep up your workouts, but don’t throw.

*Find yourself a coach or mentor that knows about getting in to college,etc, and talk to them about your goals.

*I think I covered it all :slight_smile:

-Just a note about myself. I just turned 18 and I’m a senior. I recently signed here in the fall for a DII school and received a 60% scholarship.
I also attended a lot of showcases before this around the end of summer/beginning of fall. I got calls from DI schools but I didn’t have good enough grades to go there : / I’m very happy with the DII though![/quote]

well i really do appreciate it! and i would like to go d1, but i will go where i can get the best education and a scholarship. and i think to get good looks it would be best if i could put 5 mph on. i throw 4 days a week and workout 5-6.(sprint work and anything explosive i think would help most. RIGHT?) And i am a righty. my GPA currently this semester is 3.8something. but i have a 3.5 overall. i’m not taking food/fun/flair classes either. i’m taking academic courses w/ a few AP’s.

do you think there’s something i need to focus on to get my velo up? that’s what’s holding me back from d1 i believe

You definitely got the grades to do it. Also you got plenty of time for your velocity to tick up there, times fixes everything. A note about working out is that your workouts need to be infrequent and of high intensity.

infrequent?
why?

poor workout today. here it is:
jammers 3x8
db rows 3x8
tricep extensions 3x8
machine rows 3x8
bench press 3x8(had to for weight training)

threw a good 15-20 minute long toss.

took tees and some live BP.

tomorrow will be much more rigorous. i have lower body (sprints, squats, cleans, and a series of varies plyo movements), along with scaps, bands, and stretching.

wednesday should be fielding, short bullpen/longtoss, core and hitting.

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS COMMENTS/QUESTIONS

workout in a little bit

power cleans 4x3 165lbs
squat 4x5 245 lbs
18- 25 yard sprints
10- 10 yard sprints
jump series
med ball throws to ceiling

i will follow this with bands, scaps, and stretching.

tomorrow i will go really hard w/ long toss after a short side of 20 pitches or so.

comments/questions?

today was a shorter workout. im not feeling the best.
anyways, i ran a couple miles and did some core work. P90X AB RIPPER X. i was kinda out of it for my workout. not full intensity. just going through the motions.

hopefully i can hit it hard tommorow and be feeling 100%
also, i’ll try to get some film from one of my next bullpens

[quote=“rawlingsguy1”]infrequent?
why?[/quote]

Simply because you don’t get stronger during a workout. You get weaker, the rest is what makes you stronger. If you never rest you have no time to recover/get stronger.

long toss in a heated warehouse today. i will follow this with some core work and tees.

my core workout includes

tick tocks w/ ankle weights 2x20
hanging leg raises3x7
russian twists 2x40
standing medball throws 3x5 ea side
rotating planks 4x20

lower workout today.

power clean 4x3 175
-i also did a max a the end- 195
squat felt HORRIBLE. 4x3 w/ 240
front squat 4x5 w/ 155

then…
sprints 18x20yards w/ various stances
3 pro agilities all 4.6-4.68
I WAS POOPED AFTER

then i did 2 sets of the ABC wall sequence for scaps

took 2 days off to get ready for maxing in weight training at school. which i’m finally done with!
my numbers were
power clean 205
bench 180
squat 290
my squat didnt improve really.

i threw a bullpen and am working on a couple things:
1)shoulder/hip separation
2)starting from the top of my leg kick with my butt
3)doing the ‘lincecum lean’ to get maximum core torque.
[size=7][/img]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/baseball/pitching/Images/Pitchers/TimLincecum/TimLincecum_2007_035.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.chrisoleary.com/projects/baseball/pitching/professionalpitcheranalyses/TimLincecum.html&usg=__vna1Gb5u2GQcT7LNQjFFK_9V2i4=&h=375&w=350&sz=89&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=-AJeDTOV9X5h5M:&tbnh=140&tbnw=131&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtim%2Blincecum%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1021%26bih%3D679%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=281&ei=GXMTTaKCCMGinQfVh7jYDQ&oei=GXMTTaKCCMGinQfVh7jYDQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=52&ty=56[img][/size]

now that the weight training bs is done, i will just start phase 3 of tuffcuff. i will do phase 3 for a month, then phase 4 for 2 months. THEN SEASON STARTS! i will change a few minor things in tuffcuff. more plyos/sprints/ and completely change the core. but i’m very happy with the purchase.
i recommend it to people on the edge about buying it.

comments/questions?[/img][/url]

ok… so i ordered a camera so i can record videos and it should arrive just after christmas. i’ll get video immediately after arrival.

short lift yesterday
power cleans 4x3
squat 3x6 at 230 with a 1RM at the end of 295(felt easy)
calf raises 2x12
chest press 3x8
rows 3x8
tricep ext 3x8.
just a short lift.
then i had a pitching lesson with a new guy. he plays pro ball currently.
anyways, i sat 79-82 at the end of our lesson :slight_smile: i couldn’t really judge accuracy because i didn’t have a catcher and was throwing at a blue screen with targets.
i had a long arm circle and we worked on externally abducting. idk if i just felt really good (it was after a lift) or i actually gained mph!!! i could hear the ball distinctly out of my hand through the air. so hopefully i can rest fully for my pitching/hitting camp at the UOFM and hit 85 for the first time!
comments/questions?

at a university of minnesota camp working and my hitting and pitching.
went well. will post a video this week. 6 hours of ball today! getting some good exposure. i did very well today

university of minnesota camp went great! my hard work is paying off. i had excellent movement and control. the assistant asked me a few questions during drills (about my school/teams, etc) and i think they’re going to be checking up with me.
started tuffcuff phase 4 day 1 yesterday. did the lifting put was interupted so i didn’t do the core or regeneration/stretching. the gym where i throw is closed so i can’t get film up until monday. got my camera though