17 yr old... Looking for opinions and suggestions!

These are me from yesterday… Three weeks after arthroscopic surgery. Going 100%… what you guys think…

]

alright from every video i see one thing that bothers me u need to get a bigger stride and u glove need to be tucked in to ur chest.

Stride–You need to push off the rubber to gain more stride here is an example of a great stride

and i also see that ur a side arm pitcher is that how u usually throw?

other than the stride and glove chest thing lookin good!!!

hope this helps![/i]

you also need to be more explosive when striding towards the plate

Kinda sidearm… or a low 3/4

I have like a 4 or 5 foot stride on flat ground and there wasnt much a mound there… just had a dirt rubber.

Xander- I’ve been told that but it doesnt improve anything… i still throw about the same speed with or without it.

try laying down on the ground take where ur head is and each time u pitch off the rubber try and touch the tape each time. try it, it seriously works and will help u.

What did you have arthroscopic surgery on and what was done?

you need long toss…you need to reset your throwing and learn how to launch a ball, to put everything behind it and cannon the ball as far as possible. then you can learn to translate it into pitching. just to slow on the delivery

i would also suggest long toss a lot of it too! to get the cob webs out of there.

I had a partial meniscectomy on my left knee

What do you mean by reset your throwing and learn how to launch a ball…

I can launch a ball plenty far enough right now… Just a lil cautious because of my knee.

And it looks like it to me. I think you need to focus on getting that knee back in shape and strengthening the leg. Right now, you’re not building the momentum you should. But that’s not gonna’ happen until the leg is in shape and, mentally, you have confidence in it. (I’ve had my knee scoped 3 times for cartilage and ligament damage so I know all about that part of it).

Don’t get too concerned about mechanics right now because as you gain strength and confidence, your intensity will increase and your mechanics and timing will change.

Yea… it sucks… Ive been wanting to throw so bad for the past 4 weeks so I finally said screw it and just started throwing again…

how hard do u throw?
when u throw it looks like your not even trying.
try to get more momentum, and i think it helps to tuck your glove in.
it looks like your Glove arm side is just swinging around.

I throw between 75-80… I’ve been told I throw so hard because I have such a strong throwing arm… Thats what I was told…

Im just trying to see if there is any way I can fix my mechanics before season next year so I can really impress my coach and atleast pitch for varsity.

Oh yea… A question… Do you guys think my hips open to earlier or late?

[quote=“Greg516”]I throw between 75-80… I’ve been told I throw so hard because I have such a strong throwing arm… Thats what I was told…

Im just trying to see if there is any way I can fix my mechanics before season next year so I can really impress my coach and atleast pitch for varsity.[/quote]

I don’t mean to be rude but there’s no way you’re throwing 100%… it appears from my perspective to be more like 30-40%. Now, if your knee is preventing you from throwing 100%, then you need to put your focus into fixing that first. I’m not saying you can’t hit 80 but I have a hunch that when you have thrown that hard you really put some oomph into it unlike in these videos. Just try to absolutely put that ball through the other side of that net, or whatever you’re throwing into. EXPLODE! Let’s see some electricity, I see no intent here to throw the ball hard…that’s something you can work on. You say you can launch the ball…let’s see it! I look forward to your next video and keep up the work.

you really need to use your body man. your all arm and you look lazy when your pitching.

Yes, that is the word I was looking for, lazy. You look like you could care less that you were out there throwing the baseball. Put some ooomph into your pitches and show us 80mph