17 year old verbal commit to MNU(ks) EXPERT advise only!

Hey I’m a senior at Louisburg High School in Kansas… 17 5’10 145-150… I throw 82 mph… change up needs work… curve ball is 70 mph and is what I’m known for… I have several schools offering me scholarships and ride in the midwest mostly juco/NAIA… which is where I want to play next year is either a juco or NAIA near home… I’m verbally committed to MNU in KS… here is the videos enjoy…

Innings 1-4 in order in videos

Need a closer view please.

There is some close views in some of these videos… but I do not have a closer video than this…

I might also add… Louisburg is 4A and they’re in white… and Winfield is 5A and they’re in blue.

Anything at all? hah…

Your Video will not work. The shots are to far away. The one that is closer at a point in the shoot is your back side. Any input would be incomplete.

I have to agree Louis, the stuff is just too far to get a real indication…but really congrats on the success :bigtup:

First Video- 1:00-1:45 and 5:50-8:30 are both closer views
Third Video- 0:20-1:10 and 6:00-6:56 are closer views…

Squats, squats and more squats. Do every leg exercise you can think of. Explosion/Power. Next time you get someone to vid you, tell them to mute the volume. Shots down the 3rd base line are not routine.

Does look like you might be a weak in the legs and trunk, you look to throw a bit much with the upper body. Work the legs and lower back out more to develop better power there.,

That’s my dad ****** edit by admin

I’m pretty small… I do what I can with what I have in my genetics… I throw hard for my size, and I’m athletic enough to play at a D-2 transfer school my sophomore to junior year… I plan on going to Juco/NAIA for 2 years then transferring… my cousin pitched at VMI a few years back D-1 baseball… starting ace for them his senior year, had draft papers to many teams then went and got hurt, which voided the draft papers…

Hope all goes well for you with the college offers. Just keep developing, that’s all you can really do. After watching your close up views I believe your opening up too early and also you need to lead with your hips.

The fact that you called someone a dick head says a lot about you . Best of luck.

Youre 17 years old and your body is definently not done growing one bit so you have alot more to work with your genetics. You are a bit on the skinny side being 140ish, and i also agree that you need to start building up those legs. Once i really started focusing on my legs and building that strength and power i saw the LBS add up.

Ya you may be athletic enough to play at a D-2 transfer school, thats great not many ppl can say they played at that level but dont settle yourself short. Strive to be athletic enough to be able to play at a elite D1 program.

If you truely are serious about becoming the best pitcher you can be, purchase tough cuff. From what i hear all around these boards is that itll get you where youre striving to go. Keep working hard. Never be satisfied

Yeah I guess it does… because you know me soooo well, and he does too. He said next time you get someone to video tape you mute the volume. Shots down 3rd base line are not routine… That was my father sticking up for me any parent has his right to speak his mind that dvdnet guy didn’t have to comment on the fans … that was not the point of the videos… he didn’t watch it to hear the fans he could have easily not said anything or just left that part out, but he didn’t.

Youre 17 years old and your body is definently not done growing one bit so you have alot more to work with your genetics. You are a bit on the skinny side being 140ish, and i also agree that you need to start building up those legs. Once i really started focusing on my legs and building that strength and power i saw the LBS add up.

Ya you may be athletic enough to play at a D-2 transfer school, thats great not many ppl can say they played at that level but dont settle yourself short. Strive to be athletic enough to be able to play at a elite D1 program.

If you truely are serious about becoming the best pitcher you can be, purchase tough cuff. From what i hear all around these boards is that itll get you where youre striving to go. Keep working hard. Never be satisfied[/quote]

Thanks you! But I’m more of a 2nd basemen… hah Pitching is kinda my 2nd position I’m the top starter at my high school… this year anyway and I need to do as good as a possibly can… thanks for the message!

I think what “McCovey Cove” and “titans” was saying, that kind of attitude will definately hold you back, so what someone says something like that, ok…my dad recorded it and maybe I can get it next time…character is big at the next level no matter where you play D3-D1. NCAA doesn’t give a crap, the school you play for wont give a crap and your coaches won’t either…they want mature players that can keep their heads on straight and focused on their goals, winning and school! I am sure you have lots you want to disagree with me about here but I am just trying to make a point that you might really be something in high school, starting 2nd base and the teams best pitcher but at the next level everyone is that way and attitude makes leaders and leaders makes winners and starters. Just like everyone else here we want to see you succeed…Good Luck and take this for what it’s worth.

Here’s my expert advice (I train a bunch of athletes in the PacNW). If your posts are indicative of how you are in real life, coaches will strongly dislike your attitude.

Think about it.

And you know how my complete attitude is by one post? You must be a god right? I have never once yelled at a coach, player, opposing player, or umpire in my life… nor have a ever cried during a game… a simple post, about muting the volume and him saying shots down 3rd base line are not routine… well no they’re not, fine but do you have to get onto me for it? NO! You can politely leave that part out he has no idea who is videotaping me it could have been ANYONE. He should of focused on the real reason behind the video not a simple statement made by my parent.