17 year old- feedback please!

I’m worried about opening up too early and a late arm, but please submit feedback!

Need to lead with your hips not the your shoulders.just a little over rotation at the start, you cross the rubber with your leading foot.
Hips are openning too soon ( rushing)
Your hips should start opening just before landing then, shoulders start opening and follow thru with the arm.[/b]

Check out the “Hershiser” drill. This is one of the best things I know of for working on getting the hips fully involved, and it requires no special equipment, just a fence or a wall. It’s a key component of something I refer to as “The Secret”, which I learned a long time ago from watching how three Yankee pitchers did it. They were all doing the same thing: they were driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, and the shoulder and arm were just going along for the ride. In this way they were getting more power behind their pitches and taking a lot of pressure off said shoulder and arm so that, in effect, they were throwing harder with less effort—even Ed Lopat who was not a fireballer.
I saw how they were doing this, and I made a note of it and started working on it—and as I practiced this I found that I too was doing what they did! I wasn’t a fireballer either, but what did happen was that I got more snap and sizzle into my delivery (I was one of those exasperating sidearmers!). How not to get a sore arm. 8)

ish1608,

Zita Carno is on target with the “Hershiser” drill as long as your Hip moving into the fence is a response to your Glove Arm movement.

When you perform this drill by merely drifting forward into the fence, you’ll land a closed Foot Plant. Your Front Foot position in your Foot Plant physically blocks your Lower Body from driving your Upper Body. The point where your Lower Body stops driving your Upper Body becomes the spot where your Throwing Hand begins to work independently and your release window begins to expand.

By initiating your movement into the fence with your Glove Arm, you set your Glove Side Shoulder and generate a stationary release window capable of creating pinpoint command.

Good luck moving forward.

L.A. “Skip” Fast
Pro Pitching Institute