16 year old pitcher pics an vid

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/albaseball91/?action=view&current=AlbertsPitching031.flv][img]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/albaseball91/th_AlbertsPitching031.jpg[/img

Yeah im a 6 '2 pitcher in Houston. Im pitching against number 2 ranked barbers hill rough night but still battled through. In this vid the first pitch is 76 the second 77. I can get it up to 81 i think but the fastest in a game is 79.
That is above par for a 16 year old sophmore pitcherright?. and yeah just how do the mechanics look. Also, i am looking to go to collage to play baseball so anyone who is intrested in watching me in the future send me a message much appreciated. OH yeah last but not least i think i spotted a mechanical flaw in the pictures look at my front foot its pointed kinda wrong is that a big problem or not a big deal

The video is not too good, but I can’t find much wrong with your mechanics. I throw exactly the same speed as you, and I’m also a 6’2", 16 year old sophomore. Only difference is I’m a lefty :). High 70s is generally pretty good for a sophomore, but plenty of sophomores cruise more in the 80-83 range. It really depends.

You ever had any arm problems?

Yeah i agree but i highly doudt that most 16 year olds curuise in the low 80s ive only seen one 16 year old that throws harder then me and he throws like 85 so idk. thats good if your a lefty and thoriwng that hard

albaseball91,

It’s too difficult to tell much from that video because its too herky-jerky. But, regarding your foot position, I will argue it’s also your entire front leg that’s pointing off to the side. I believe the front leg positions itself to support the weight of the body in the direction all of that weight is moving. So, the picture suggests to me that you had your weight moving off to the side a bit. One suggestion I would make would be to move your starting position to the glove side of the rubber to make the direction of your inertia match the direction of your stride. But take this with a grain of salt because I don’t have a whole lot to go on in making this suggestion.

i thought you said you threw 85 mph?

You act like you dont lie about your velocity. I mean if I short armed as bad as you i would lie to because I would have HORRIBLE velocity. Oh yeah and scott kazmir did goto cy falls idiot and thats in cy fair. OH yeah and lets not forget about scott being injured right now

i pitched against barbers hill that tournament too

pretty freaky

oh yeah i saw yeall play i figured that you played with them cause your name. them pretty good dude yeall are to but idk how yeall barely beat sam houston we blew them out. they had some guy throwing 87 against you right

[quote=“albaseball91”]
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/albaseball91/?action=view&current=AlbertsPitching031.flv][img]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/albaseball91/th_AlbertsPitching031.jpg[/img

Yeah im a 6 '2 pitcher in Houston. Im pitching against number 2 ranked barbers hill rough night but still battled through. In this vid the first pitch is 76 the second 77. I can get it up to 81 i think but the fastest in a game is 79.
That is above par for a 16 year old sophmore pitcherright?. and yeah just how do the mechanics look. Also, i am looking to go to collage to play baseball so anyone who is intrested in watching me in the future send me a message much appreciated. OH yeah last but not least i think i spotted a mechanical flaw in the pictures look at my front foot its pointed kinda wrong is that a big problem or not a big deal[/quote]

I don’t know if I could/would call that above par for a 6’2’’ 16year old. It actually seems a little below average, in my experience anyway. I was just a half an inch taller than you when i was 15, and was tossing an average fastball around 83-85. Most of the guys i played with/against during my 15-16 seasons (i’m 18 pitching in college now) we averaging in mid 80’s.

But hey, dont take what i said to heart, bcuz i know alot of guys who got to their senior year and, for some reason i cant figure out, their velocity jumped between 3 and 7 mph.

If you wana work a little on arm strength than make a scheduled long toss cycle. Get help from your coach or trainer or whoever you would go to.
You can also do sprint drills to work on explosiveness.

PS—you have a verrry similar build to myself at that age, use it to your advantage. You have long arms, big broad shoulders, and alot of mass you can use to move the ball, so use it!

yeah, but how do you explain my brother hitting 86 as a 13 year old…?

believe me or not…i dont care…its the 100% truth.

thanks for the advice about the long toss routine im just licking my chops until the summer when i can get started. I think thats my problem just not the best arm strength i mean there are people who throw 70 who long toss better then i do so i figure when i get a stronger arm ill be ok.

A 13 year old throwing 86 thats just weird not in a bad way thats just weird those are the exceptions. He just needs to stay healthy and hell be ok.

Oh yeah for anyone who might know i pitched today had better velocity 79-82. But i had one pitch JUST one that was 85 is that a fluke. the order around it went like this. 80, 67 (curve), 81, 85 could that be right or a fluke

the jump to 85 i would say was caused by a change in your mechanics, so slight that you probably didnt notice it. it may have been good or bad

yeah maybe and that was kinda the crazy thing i mean i threw it and there best hitter was really late and i remember asking myself what the hell that was. Then i went back and looked at the chart and it lined up so yeah i think a small change may have done it.

I guess that means that for me the potential to throw hard is there just got to get in shape

yea dude omg he was like 6’6

beastly

at elast 50 scouts there for him