16 year old pics

[/img]

DO NOT MAKE JOKES ABOUT THE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS LOL. i have already worked that out .

Those are some new pictures i got off the local newspapers site. OK i have a few questions.

1. Am i over-striding because im 6’2 but even still it looks like i have a really long stride.
  2. in the collage with me and roger clemens it looks like his arm is straighter then mine does that mean anything?
  3. how about the finish and the front leg pointed off to the side alittle does that mean anything?

Ok thank you all who respond [/img]

its hard to tell without vid… BUT, i think triple extending ur front leg back into ur hips before release will put a little more into the ball

if u dunno what that is its just straightening ur front leg and pushing at back into ur hips just before release

:rude: <- u when ur pitching lawl

[quote=“albaseball91”]

1. Am i over-striding because im 6’2 but even still it looks like i have a really long stride.[/quote]
    Pitchers rarely have strides that are too long. Rather, they often lack momentum. Some pitchers have such momentum that it pulls the back foot away from the rubber before the ball is released. In your 4th picture, it looks like your back foot is almost still touching the rubber. So I would guess that your stride length is fine but you need more momentum.

I notice that your lower leg is leaning to the glove side more than Roger’s as is your head. It also looks like you throw from the right side of the rubber and you possibly stride to the throwing arm side. If this is correct, then the lean is most likely caused by trying to get back inline with the target. You can improve things a lot by starting on the glove side of the rubber.

See above. The postural issue means your release point is pulled back and probably up and to the side as well. Pulling the release point back gives the batter more time to see and react to the ball. Raising it up makes it more difficult to get good movement. And all of this leads to inconsistency.

Maybe. I don’t think of it as overstriding so much as a timing issue. It looks like you’re not finishing up over your front leg: Your torso is late, so you bend at the waist to “catch up” to that front leg and deliver the ball. This can make the arm drag and reduce velocity, as well as put stress on the arm. I kinda like long strides myself, I believe you can deliver more of the body into the pitch without overthrowing with the arm, but to each his own. The key is to maintain the timing of the upper and lower body.

[quote]2. in the collage with me and roger clemens it looks like his arm is straighter then mine does that mean anything?
[/quote]
It looks again like a timing issue. You’re not moving as fast as Clemens, you don’t get over the front leg like he does, and you’re not as strong as he is (yet). Don’t worry about it. A better transfer from lower body to upper body will straighten that arm out.

It’s no big deal in my opinion. You don’t seem to be throwing around the leg too much.

ok so i should start on the other side of the rubber thats fine i was always told to just pick a side regardless of the glove just pick a side and stick to it. also someone said i need to get the torso to catch up i thought the torso being late is a good thing because it stays closed longer just spitballing here thanks