15 yr old log

Im going to turn 16 in 2 months and i will be a sophmore next year and i would really like to make varsity and i think i can if i work hard enough.Im 5’6 120 lbs :evil: :evil: and my fastball tops out at 78 mph and i average around 71-73my changeup is 60 and my curve which i dont throw very often is around 57. I would like when the next baseball season at school starts which is about 6 months to be averaging around 75-77 and topping out at 80-83 which at my school is good enough to make varsity, wiht my changeup at about 65 and improve on my curve. Hopefully I’ll grow a couple of inches to maybe 5’8 5’9 and gain 10lbs. I’m going to lift weights twice a week(not a big fan of weights but maybe i could put on a few pounds of muscle). I will run 2-3 times of week to strengthen my legs and throw off a mound twice a week to get more control of my pitches. Every week i will update strength,weight, and if i feel that ive gained any velo i will post that.

Goals-Gain 10 lbs-gain 4-5 mph and get taller :wink: :wink:

The fork will be mightier than the bench press in your case. You can lift weights til the cows come home, but if you are not giving your body surplus calories, you won’t gain a pound. You’ll need to really up your calorie intake to gain weight.

Good luck on your goals!

[quote=“kc86”]The fork will be mightier than the bench press in your case. You can lift weights til the cows come home, but if you are not giving your body surplus calories, you won’t gain a pound. You’ll need to really up your calorie intake to gain weight.

Good luck on your goals![/quote]
thanks and yeah ive figured that out after lifting weights at school for about 4 months and not gaining an ounce…any suggestions on food high in calories but not unhealthy like cheeseburgers??

Hmm…

Chicken breasts are really good, plus you can get them already frozen and sold in bulk. Ground turkey, salmon filets, tuna, orange roughy (also inexpensive), lean ground beef, steak are also great sources of protein. Eat a ton of fruits and veggies.

The most important thing isnt eating calorie dense foods, it is having several meals throughout the day. Note “meals” not snacks. Try to have 5 a day, each consisting of at least 600 calories and a solid source of protein (one serving equals the size of a fist). Let me know if you dont gain weight.

Ok so today I went outside to throw to get a exact velo on my fastball and I got 77 4 times so Ill go with that for the starting velo. Which means if i gain 3-5 I would reach my goal of 80-82…
Tommorow I’m going to wake up early maybe 6 and go running while its still cool outside for maybe 20 mins in the neighborhood.
As for weights I thnk I will do some lifts wiht 15-20 lb dumbells.
And a little heavy weihgt lifting on my legs… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If you want to jog, try mixing sprints in there as well. Pick a spot to start sprinting and go full speed for about 50 yards. It’s called fartlek style training (runners use it alot to work on burts of speed). Much better than just running long and slow distance.

so today something happened thats never hapenned before. I went outside to throw a little and when i started throwing my arm just felt dead. I thought maybe it was just in my head so i got the radar gun and i was fully warm and loose and i couldnt break 60…which is usually my changeup…it didnt hurt it was just tired i have been throwing and playing alot lately but all my seasons are over so i decided im going to take a break and stop throwing for a while. I will still workout and all but i just wont throw for maybe a month :? :?

dude, i went from 40mph, because i never had played baseball in my life to 65-67 in a year. You can.