15 year old pitching mechanics

anyone want to guess the velocity just for fun? and if you have any advice on my mechanics, that would be great.

78-82

Good speed of movement to the plate, good long stride… however, I would work first on getting your upper body back over your rear leg and leading with the front hip toward the plate instead of falling over and leading with the front shoulder. You also seem to be decelerating your arm a bit prematurely during your follow through - And I’m not a big fan of the super-short arm action.

its good that you can pitch fas around 80mph at 15 years oldt,

i like your stride distance (more than 95 % of your height), and followthrough phase ( the first second of the video stand still and face the catcher )

but what im concerning about is that you may not be able to pitch in a long innings

yes, your arm may not be feel sore now because maybe you got enough rest like only 1 game per week, and only few bullpen section a week,

but if you pitch in a tight schedule like MLB starting pitchers (you have to go to gym for arm training, bullpen training maybe 2-3 times in 4 days rest)

because your elbow is higher than your shoulder, like mark Prior, Jake Peavy, Strasburg, Joel Zumaya, Wainwright, etc

[size=18]you may feel sore at elbow or shoulder!!![/size]

these pitchers usually get injury or sore in their elbow or shoulder

so what im going to suggest is that

maybe you can look at Nolan Ryan or clayton Kershaw,

when you left up your elbow, the elbow better not higher than shoulder or stay at the same level of your shuolder level

its better to stay low at shoulder level, because you should left up the ball first instead of elbow

another recommandations to help you is that your arm should extend from your side body, why? because extension is good for your arm
so why don’t you do it

but don’t extend too much towards your back like Ben sheet :stuck_out_tongue:

if you think that kind of arm swing will slow your velocity (i dont think it will slow too much ), so you want velocity? or healthy arm? you choose to decide yourself

“but if you pitch in a tight schedule like MLB starting pitchers (you have to go to gym for arm training, bullpen training maybe 2-3 times in 4 days rest)”

I have noticed that when i do something like that my arm gets pretty sore. I will work on trying to slightly lower my elbow.

anyone else have any other suggestions?