15 Year Old Pitcher

ust a few questions. I play High School baseball. I have had trouble pitching lately, I do visit a pitching trainer. I have been told I am staying open, and wide. Is there anyway I can stay closed and more compact, so I can hit my target in the zone. I am 5’9 weighing 130-135.

The pitches I throw are:

4 Seam Fastball - 55-68 MPH
2 Seam Fastball - 50-60 MPH

• Having trouble with my control on hitting the target called with these right now.
    Circle Changeup - 40-50 MPH
    Palm Ball - 38-50 MPH
    12-6 Curve Ball (Almost fully learned, adding velocity to it.) - 30-55 MPH

I only throw the two fastballs and the changeup right now because I am struggling. I use to be able to pitch 8 innings, throwing only about 15 to 20 pitches an inning. Now I am over that because I am having trouble hitting my targets. Something I have learned from my trainer is called POWER T and POWER I.

Thanks,
Tyler:)

video would be easier for people to tell you whats wrong with ur mechanics

and your velocities are messed up, you pitches should not have 20 mph differences 5 mph at the most

Hersheiser drill is great for being able to stay closed longer!

I disagree with 5 mph at the most, good change should be 7-10 mph off the fast ball. Curve might even be 10-12 mph off. I would think that your curve velocity at 30 might really be an exageration especially at 60 feet, but I would agree with 45-50 mph if your fast ball is hitting 68. I do feel you are inconsistent in your velocities though, if you throw 68 then your fastballs should be 68, change needs to be about 58 and curve at 50-55. Why you have a 13 mph range I don’t get, also your 4 seam and 2 seamers shouldn’t really have different velocities, 4 seam should just be striaghter and the 2 seamer should have movement into the righty (if your right handed). This could be clue to inconsistent mechanics, so like it was said before how about some video?

I think what he meant with the velocities being off is that he shows a range of his fastball at 55-68 mph – that is a pretty big range for a 4 seam fastball… he should be able to consistently hit 65-68 with it.

Thanks structuredoc, I guess I was only reading the words and not understanding the meaning.

yup structuredoc got it!! thankss

What is that? Never heard of it.And I used to be consistant with my speeds, but when I lost my mechanics, a coach tried changing them, I lost my control on velocity as well.

Tyler

Here is a youtube video of it!!!

Thank you, any other suggestions?

Well I have found this simple drill to fix issues like staying opening or opening too early, it’s so simple and easy to implement yourself.

Okay, thank you. I will hopefully be pitching today. I will have my family video and I will provide a link for you guys to view.

Tyler