15 year old Freshman

Thoughts?

Go to your settings and rotate your video. It should be in video settings where you should be easily be able to do this.

Next time, video tap landscape(long ways) and make sure the video is right side up.

If not, use windows live movie maker to rotate the video and then upload it.

Onto your video:

No legs, very short stride. That’s the biggest issue I see.

[quote=“jimster”]Go to your settings and rotate your video. It should be in video settings where you should be easily be able to do this.

Next time, video tap landscape(long ways) and make sure the video is right side up.

If not, use windows live movie maker to rotate the video and then upload it.

Onto your video:

No legs, very short stride. That’s the biggest issue I see.[/quote]

You the man Jimster. I still suck at using this iPhone. Ill fix it!

I got a camera for about 80 bucks, and it works awesome. I got it at walmart and if you want to take great video for pitching, I would recommend getting one of them.

http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17331

Video taping yourself is the best tool for working on mechanics, in my opinion.

I am no expert by any means but I’d like to suggest that you extend your glove hand and let your body meet with your glove as you move forward. That should help with your stride. Also, include a slow mo so it’s easier to evaluate your mechanics.

First thing that catches your eye is a weak glove side. His glove just seems to stay put following hand break. He should strive to be equal and opposite with his GS and throwing arm side.

Second, he seems to be going through the motions, but getting no drive. I see very little weight shift or momentum to the plate. It appears that he is really throwing with mostly arm, leaving out the oh so important legs, core, back, etc. or as Zita has coined, The Secret.

See if you can get some better video up with more pitches and different angles.