14U 1st Bullpen of 2012

I am a 14U pitcher (5’9", 125 lbs) - prepping for HS tryouts and my 2012 travel season. Last year, I finished throwing fastballs in the 65-68 range with my change-up about 10 mph lower (dad got the Pocket Radar for Father’s day!).

This video is from my first bullpen of the year, so I’m not going full speed, but these are my mechanics. I am interested in what you think of my delivery. I am open to hear the good and the bad. Thanks!

Whoever is manning the camera needs to zoom in on YOU. You should fill the screen. We should be able to see all of you so not so close as to eliminate a body part.

Should also be shot from multiple angles - 1B view, 2B view, 3B view and HP view.

Ed

Sorry about the lack of zoom for the first part of the video. It’s all I have right now. The second half has a good close-up from the 1st base side - enough for an assessment.

I will try to post another video when I can, but here in Michigan, facilities and opportunities are not plentiful this time of year.

take a look at your front foot knee as you plant & rotate thru throwing… its not stable. Tweak ur balance & get into a firm front post & you should quickly pick up some mph’s & better yet better location.

There shld be a drill on youtube or video somewhere that you can work from a T position with your foot already planted and throw while focusing on getting that knee stable and not drifting.

[quote=“12JTWilson”]take a look at your front foot knee as you plant & rotate thru throwing… its not stable. Tweak ur balance & get into a firm front post & you should quickly pick up some mph’s & better yet better location.

There shld be a drill on youtube or video somewhere that you can work from a T position with your foot already planted and throw while focusing on getting that knee stable and not drifting.[/quote]

Thanks. I agree. I see the planted leg is leaning towards the 3rd base side - especially the knee. I’m going to try to get the knee over the ankle, thus stabilizing the leg.