14 Yr old Rhp trying to learn a slider

Hello fellow pitchers, i am a 14 year old right hander, 5’ 9" 180ish, and im trying to learn a slider. i a throw high 50s low 60s fastball and a changeup. i would like to learn a third pitch so if i make my highschool team i dont get smacked around. please leave tips in the replies.

I would learn a sinker or if your up to it, a curveball. Just something that has more drop to it.

Tallhurler

“ im trying to learn a slider.”

There are 2 ways to drive a Slider.

One drives the ball using forearm supination where the ball Thumb articulates up and it’s Elbow down caused by intuitive forearm flyout “outside of vertical”. It is one of the most destructive pitch types on your inner Elbow that exists.

One drives the ball using forearm pronation where the ball Thumb articulates down caused by voluntary “inside of vertical” path. It is healthy for the Elbow because it allows the Elbow joint to be swivel bypassed at full extension and released for recovery.

“i would like to learn a third pitch so if i make my highschool team”

As mentioned learn the fastball Sinker and the full change of speed screwball to make batters look silly and most importantly they are intuitively driven and recovered with forearm pronation.

When you learn the pronated Slider it becomes a pronated cutter with less wrist flexing effort effort!

Good luck and never learn Forearm supinated pitch types like the traditional S. Curve, S. Slider or the S. Cutter.