14 year old needs mechanical analysis please

im a 14 year old kid looking for some help with my mechanics…any analysis you could give would be great. I want to know what im doing that could be bad

front:

side:

1. tuck glove hand more
  2. wait a split second longer before delivery
  3. follow through with hole body

your stride is very short-you could start your hips towards the plate sooner

also, your posture while striding is quite extreme:

• that front glove is pretty wild… if you could pull it down to around here:

along with lessoning the tilt backwards you have while striding and tucking in the glove while following through it could help your control a bit

at the high cocked position your elbow is high, your glove is still out infront of you and your hips arent open very much.

first for the elbow… try to have it somewhere around here:

glove tucked in:

and stride somewhere out here if all goes well:

it should look like this:

after all of that is fixed then you can practice practice practice and start with the more advanced things :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: thanks for all the help…i didnt think my motion was that wild…slowed down in a freeze frame really helps me straighten up :wink:

but with all of your help offset i think i could fix my control problem i have at times.

by starting my hips toward the plate sooner you mean breaking toward the plate sooner or opening my hips up a lil more?

the glove thing i get, it needs to be out of the way and striding distance would be caused by me starting toward the plate with my hips sooner

did i cover the jist of it or am i completely off on what you are suggesting?

one more question, my coach is suggesting that i push hard off the mound which i did find improvement at first but then as time went on and he pushed me to push harder i think i developed that lean backwards during the delivery.
My question is how much is a good amount to push off the mound?

starting your hips towards the plate sooner

correct

[quote]one more question, my coach is suggesting that i push hard off the mound which i did find improvement at first but then as time went on and he pushed me to push harder i think i developed that lean backwards during the delivery.
My question is how much is a good amount to push off the mound?[/quote]
some people say pushing off has nothing to do with the delivery and some say its a nesseccity(sp?)

i personally push off a small amount but i only pitch 1-2 innings per game in a closer role so im not sure how this would pan out over a course of 6-7 + innings

starting the hips forward sooner is more than likely going to pull your front side open so your gonna have to really focus on keeping that front side closed