14 y/o pitcher

I am 14 and I top out at 69 MPH and sit around 65-68. I am around 5’3. I also have a good changeup that moves as much as a curve but with changeup spin and doesn’t put stress on my elbow. My pitches also have high spin. Is that good?

finnbalan94,

“ I also have a good changeup that moves as much as a curve but with changeup spin and doesn’t put stress on my elbow.”

Only if you have the ability to diagnose between Forearm supinated pitch types and Forearm pronated pitch types will you be able to make this claim?

Forearm driven supinated pitch types will always degrade your Elbow with every rep. by allowing ballistic hyper extension of the Elbow where bone end crashes bone end.

Forearm driven pronated pitch types will allow the Elbow to swivel around (inwards rotation of the Humerus and Forearm) and release before hyper extension occurs.

Video is the only other way to know? Does your ball side Elbow pop up correctly or do you pull it down the way current coaches have been poorly instructed?

“My pitches also have high spin. Is that good?”

In general it is good to have high spin rate so that when you want to produce less spin rate you can.

Sometimes depending on the batter less is more.