13U Pitching Analysis

Please help me, I’ve been having control issues lately and have been giving up a lot of walks. This isn’t like me because I had only given up 1 walk over 2 starts (14ip) Please reply if you see anything wrong with my mechanics.

[/qt]

Try not to flail your glove side like that and work on keeping your head steady…I’m seeing some (Whats called) head violence…this absolutely will effect accuaracy.
I think you can search out some formal drill work and it will tighten you up a bit…this forum, YouTube…lots of drill stuff out there, work to understand what your front side should be doing.

Don’t forget about two other variables:

Disciplined Hitters and Umpires with smaller strikezones. Don’t nibble. :think:

Thanks for the advice guys, I’ll be sure to work on keeping my head and glove steady :lol:

[quote=“Dino”]Don’t forget about two other variables:

Disciplined Hitters and Umpires with smaller strikezones. Don’t nibble. :think:[/quote]

How true! We just finished the 1st round of 10U Tournament play, and in each game my son walked the 1st two hitters he faced. Why? It took two hitters to determine the umpire wasn’t calling anything around the knees or at the corners for a strike. Once he figured it out, he threw the ball straight down the middle. No more walks. Umpires with smaller strikezones are part of the game.

Yup, adjusting to the umpire’s strikezone is what can make and break kids.