13u mechanics (game)

Here’s some video from our game today.

My thoughts:

1. Work on higher leg kick.
  2. Work on a firmer glove side, keeping lead shoulder closed.
  3. Finish the pitch/stay down better, rather than pop up.

Any other feedback?

Mcloven,

I’m mcloven the rhythm. I think you’re right on. The pop up is more than likely a product of lack of momentum early in the delivery. (higher leg kick, moving through the center more rapidly)

Nice work!

P.S: Let me guess, E. Cobb field at the bottom of the hill. Spent hundreds of dollars on sun block while camped out at those fields recruiting.

[quote=“Baseballthinktank.com”]Mcloven,

I’m mcloven the rhythm[/quote]

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lantz, do you have an example (video or pic) of what you feel the ideal leg kick would look like for him? He’s a visual learner. Or, would you just experiment?

I’d say this leg action;

And your boys intent would make a very interesting proposition :wink:

Better?

I love it… Especially the last one. Great intent.

I do like the higher leg kick better!

[quote=“Baseballthinktank.com”]Mcloven,

P.S: Let me guess, E. Cobb field at the bottom of the hill. Spent hundreds of dollars on sun block while camped out at those fields recruiting.[/quote]

Yep, you got it! ECB Field 5. :smiley:

The most obvious thing is your timing. Check the mechanics of any pro pitcher and compare where they are when their front foot lands to where you are. They are still back with their shoulders square yet you have already thrown the ball. You lose a great deal of momentum this way.

This is Sabathia so it’s a lefty but look at where he is when his lead foot lands.

Two frames at front foot strike.

Front heel plant:

Full foot down:

Edit

Yeah better, in the 2nd frame you’re still opening up. I didn’t know the 2nd video was you, I didn’t read through the whole forum.