13 year old; New to baseball as a whole

So I just got into baseball after 12 years of thinking it was the most boring game on earth. What got me into it was a spring training game I saw while I was home sick. Just a quick introduction of myself.

So anyway, I originally thought I’d make a great outfielder but have recently gotten into pitching. I’ve been watching some videos and I’m getting better as I go on, but I’ll I’ve been able to do is flatground pitching (no access to a mound). So any tips you can give me, regarding how long I should make my stride, and what I’ve been really wondering about is what point in my arm rotation or swing or whatever, should I release the ball? All help is appreciated.

hey you sound exactly like me except im 14 and I just started in outfield but have moved to pitching. I don’t have a lot of advice besides check the internet for grips and mechanics. Pitching like all things takes hard work to get better at. Good luck

Some people will tell you that your stride should be a certain percentage of your height. That may be ok as a guideline but I wouldn’t get too hung up on numbers. In general, you want your stride to be as long as your strength and flexibility allow you to maintain good posture and balance and not so long that it inhibits good hip rotation.

As for your release point, that is the result of your mechanics leading up to it. Ideally, your release point should be 8"-12" in front of your front goot. To achieve this, your mechanics need to be performed properly and with proper timing.

Post some video of youself and we should be able to help you out.

[quote=“Roger”]As for your release point, that is the result of your mechanics leading up to it. Ideally, your release point should be 8"-12" in front of your front goot.

Post some video of youself and we should be able to help you out.[/quote]I’d like to see video of this just to find out what a “goot” is. :lol: You gotta know Roger. He hates having typos in his posts. 8) Know someone else like that, Roger?

Dagnabbit!