12 Year Old LH

Every 6 months we have been recording our progress, here is the latest. We usually do not throw in blue jeans but it was a chilly morning. We are headed to the NPA Camp in Indianapolis December 4-6.

6 months ago

1 year ago

1 1/2 years ago

Way to go, munster! That sprout of yours has certainly grown into his glove over the past 1 1/2 years!

It is really cool to see Derek’s progression and development via your collection of video clips…that kind of record-keeping can be really, really useful…as I’m sure you already know.

You and your son are guaranteed to have a great time at the NPA clinic–there are several outstanding NPA-certified coaches living in that area as well and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them also show up at the clinic.

I can see a tremendous improvement within that time frame, the improvement with the legs is the biggest thing I note as an improvement.

What is his velocity like?

[quote=“laflippin”]Way to go, munster! That sprout of yours has certainly grown into his glove over the past 1 1/2 years!

It is really cool to see Derek’s progression and development via your collection of video clips…that kind of record-keeping can be really, really useful…as I’m sure you already know.

You and your son are guaranteed to have a great time at the NPA clinic–there are several outstanding NPA-certified coaches living in that area as well and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them also show up at the clinic.[/quote]

Thansk LA
The video has really helped him see for himself what working hard can do for you. He still has a lot of work ahead of him and this maybe where he tops out at but we have had a lot of fun over the last couple of summers.

Kevin
I am not 100% sure on how fast he throws. At camp this summer hosted by one of the local colleges he threw 66.

Munster,

The steady improvement is obvious - keep at it. At the NPA camp, be prepared to hear "get those hips/butt moving as fast and as far as possible (while maintaining posture and balance).

there is a lot of improvement, when I seen the most recent clip I thought the kid looked a lot older than twelve he really seems to get good pop on the ball. It’s always cool to see how much strength kids gain within such a short period of time.

It is amazing how fast they can grow when they hit that spurt. He will turn 13 in about 3 months.

Speaking of strength, he starting doing Tuff Cuff at the end of his jr. high season and in about 6 weeks we can already tell a difference in his core strength. It is a great book to follow if you looking for a pitching workout.

I also have done tuff cuff, it is a great program I had to step up the intensity a little bit but I still pretty much follow the workouts in the book. He should see really good results on tuff cuff