11yr could use some help

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. My son is 11yrs old, 5’4" 135 . He’s growing into his body so everything is a little akward for him right now. He’s big and strong so the coaches are asking him to pitch more and I’d like to make sure he’s not doing anything to hurt himself.

The main thing that jumps out at me is that your son reaches with his front foot. His front foot moves out fast but his total body doesn’t generate much momentum. And he ends up with is weight behind the front leg instead of over the front leg.

Try getting him to lead more with his front hip instead of sticking the front foot out so soon. This will generate more momentum and allow him to better use his body to throw.

As I’ve said a number of times before—he needs to get his whole body into the action, using his legs, his hips and his torso in one seamless motion—if he works on that, he not only will get more power behind his pitches but he’ll also take a lot of pressure off his arm and his shoulder. Not to mention get more speed into his delivery and prevent a sore arm! I learned that long ago, and I’m just passing it on.