11 year old

Thanks

Tough angle to assess from but the first thing I’d work on is getting him to keep his head upright instead of tilting it to the glove side. To the extent that tilting the head affects his posture and balance, it will impact his ability to stay closed and rotate late.

Once the head is fixed, pay attention to the glove - don’t let him drop the glove, swing it out to the side, or pull it back.

After that, a little faster tempo/more momentum will help by reducing the amount of time he ought to stay closed.

I can see his release is not in tune with his front leg. He releases the ball before his front leg stiffens. He lands on it bent and then releases the ball before it stiffens. That is a problem as his velocity isn’t what it could be and I bet his breaking stuff isn’t as sharp as it could be as well. From what i’m seeing he has great balance and a good stride, but just lacking that little edge to put him over the top in terms of velocity. That is my assessment.

ah, you deleted the vid before I had a chance to comment. I did see this a couple days ago and thought Nick looked really really good. Only thing I noticed, other than the landing leg issue mentioned already, was that he seems to decelerate his arm rather than whipping through.

BTW tell Nick that Patrick says he was obstructed by the SS on the play when Nick called him out at 2nd. Fun game though.

[quote=“quaff”]ah, you deleted the vid before I had a chance to comment. I did see this a couple days ago and thought Nick looked really really good. Only thing I noticed, other than the landing leg issue mentioned already, was that he seems to decelerate his arm rather than whipping through.

BTW tell Nick that Patrick says he was obstructed by the SS on the play when Nick called him out at 2nd. Fun game though.[/quote]

I added the link when i edited it i forgot to put the link back up.