11 year old pitcher, where to start?

11 year old with minimal/ no instruction. Just looking for some thoughts on where to start. Our main goal is to dial in control to be able to locate pitches, and start to work on change up. No too concerned with velocity at this point.
Thanks

Don’t worry about the multiple posts. My computer does that all the time, which only goes to show that it’s stupid.
I would say that your best bet is to find a good pitching coach with experience in working with kids ages 10-14, and to start with the basics—balance, glove-side work, and location (what we called “control” back in my day). And get to work on a good fastball and a changeup—at that age the kid doesn’t need more than those two pitches. Other stuff can come later. 8) :baseballpitcher:

Thanks for the reply, any suggestions in the Detroit metro area?

Kev, there are two in Michigan—GT Athletic which is probably in the city of Detroit itself, zip 49221. The coach is Gordie Theisen—I’ve heard of him, and he’s supposed to be very good. The other is STARZ Training Center, at 3380 Jefferson Ave. zip 49548. You might also want to get in touch with the Detroit Tigers and ask them for suggestions. In any event, best of luck. 8) :baseballpitcher:

His hands separate AS the front foot goes down . It should separate After.

GTAthletic with Gordie is great.

He’s currently the PC for a small college, was a head Coach at SHU as well as PC at Adrian College.

PM me if you want his contact info he’s a friend of mine

Thanks, But I think hes a little too far from where we are at.

For his age he has fairly good mechanics.
A good place to start is to work on his landing foot. It should be just to the left of a line drawn from his right toes to home plate. Right now he is landing just to the right for that line. Doing this will open his hips to get them more into the pitch as well as stop his falling to the left. It will also get him much more in good finishing balance to field his position. To accomplish
this he may need to start with his feet more in line as opposed to the staggered position they are in now.

For his age he has fairly good mechanics.
A good place to start is to work on his landing foot. It should be just to the left of a line drawn from his right toes to home plate. Right now he is landing just to the right for that line. Doing this will open his hips to get them more into the pitch as well as stop his falling to the left. It will also get him much more in good finishing balance to field his position. To accomplish
this he may need to start with his feet more in line as opposed to the staggered position they are in now.

Doesn’t really look to me like his stride leg is landing too far closed. My understanding is around half of foots width either way is acceptable. Looks like he may be opening up too early and his arm is dragging behind his lower body. May be momentum carrying him back to glove side in an attempt to catch up?