11 Year old pitcher- like to have your comments

He has been working with a coach for the last year, like some impartial comments. In this video he throws all his pitches FB, knuckle curve and change up.

[quote=“buwhite”]He has been working with a coach for the last year, like some impartial comments. In this video he throws all his pitches FB, knuckle curve and change up.

[/quote]

Looks pretty solid and athletic (repeats delivery well) for an 11 year old.

Only thing I would suggest from a limited video is to have him set in a more balanced, athletic position from the stretch. His feet are tied up which can sometimes get him started in a bad spot in terms of his dynamic balance.

he probably shouldnt be throwing curves at 11, in the stretch his feet should be shoulder with apart

It isn’t a curve but a knuckle curve, he doesn’t turn the arm over at all, fast ball arm swing with a knuckled grip. Stretch is a little different on a smaller mound, I think I will post some video of him on a more age appropriate mound.

Perfect ! As he gets older start stretching his lead foot toward the catcher inch by inch. This is the first video that I’ve see that makes me speechless! GREAT JOB!!! Send more videos as he moves up to the next level. It’s good to see promise!

I think this pitcher is not bad but has some timing issues. Specifically, I think hips and shoulders rotate together instead of hips before shoulders. And both hips and shoulders rotate too soon after foot plant. Part of the cause for this is the glove arm turns over and drops too soon. If he can keep the glove up in front until foot plant that will give him the timing to delay shoulder rotation until after the hips have rotated.

If he feels like he’s having to hold the glove up in front an artifically long time, then increase his tempo to have him get out into foot plant quicker.

He has already started working on getting farther down the mound, next will be keeping the glove hand in better position. Thanks for the comments.

Didn’t really like that there was no mound but at least it was against live batters.

Fastball, Fastball and Knuckle Curve

[quote=“buwhite”]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9yK6XE1qV8

Didn’t really like that there was no mound but at least it was against live batters.

Fastball, Fastball and Knuckle Curve[/quote]

That ump’s body language says it all! lol Good vids, kid has potential.

Hose