11 1/2 year old wanting to know what pitches he should throw

Hi I play for select and all stars. (12u spring coming up) I’m a guy who can throw strikes. I mainly throw 53-58 on 2 seam / 4 seam fastball and 44-50 on changeups. I come here to ask if I should add another pitch such as a sinker. Idk if I should though because idk if it’s healthy for the arm as far as the rotation of the wrist for the movement pls lmk and thank you

“Hi I play for select and all stars.”

This does not matter, the question is do you compete more than 3 mo. straight one time in a calender year ? Do you Periodize (multiple sports) your activity?

“(12u spring coming up)”

Hopefully your parents are aware of biological age where when to start physically training and increased adrenalin assisted competition oppertunities really maters?

“I’m a guy who can throw strikes.”

This means your motor skill aptitude for that activity is high.

“I mainly throw 53-58 on 2 seam / 4 seam fastball and 44-50 on change ups. “

Your velocity means nothing until you are biologically 19 where if you trained properly will peak in 2 years of College competitions.

“I come here to ask if I should add another pitch such as a sinker.”

How did you guess the right one?

Right now you are seeing College and MLB players choose to pitch these types of pitches by striding shorter, staying tall and body rotating 180 degrees. Wonder why Velo is going up?

It was predicted, now it’s happening.

I always teach this pitch 2nd so all other pitch types are first trained to Forearm pronation drive to the inside of the ball. This is the safest way to throw a baseball overhead. The first pitch I teach is the Screwball (change up) that intuitively teaches the arm to drive thru pronating with the fastball.

You will notice with these pitch types the Elbow pops up and not pulled down.

The next set of pitch types (3 again)we teach are also Forearm pronated but the hand passes thru radially flexed on the outside of the ball and causes a Fastball cutter,Slider and pronated Curve.

That’s 6 pitch types by just moving your wrist in Ulnar flexion (little finger towards the outside of the wrist or Radial flexion (thumb towards the inside of the Forearm).

If you want a straight fastball the your wrist will remain nominal (middle positioned)

“ Idk if I should though because idk if it’s healthy for the arm as far as the rotation of the wrist for the movement pls lmk and thank you “

Go read at DrMikeMarshll.com, it’s free! It’s detailed and is a great kinesiological learning tool to teach yourself how to pitch healthy. You will need an exit and return strategy. Look up what you do not understand and be very patient with adults when talking about it.

Good luck, any questions just ask.

Thank you so much

Whatever you throw don’t throw them over the center of the plate be like Greg Maddux and hit the edges. Now that’s pitching not simply throwing hard.

The problem with Dr. Marshall was his inability to see a bigger picture. When I talked with him years ago he became angry almost violent when I made some suggestions to him based on physics and human biomechanics - one in particular the concept of supinating before pronating. This I call Power-pronation as supination is the power source for the throw not pronation. This is also where the baseball world goes off the physics track along with Dr. Marshall. When I told him it would be easier for me to teach him quantum mechanics he hung up the phone. Shortly, before he died, I was told that he suffered from dementia and that was why his anger stirred. May he RIP.

Ok