10 y/o with video

where / what do we need to work on?

anyone care to analize his pitching? or is it that bad?

i can video other angles too.

You gotta be patient also you might get more responses in the video section of the forum, there’s some guys there that don’t leave that section.

Hard to say on that mound thing. He is struggling for balance. Does he have to throw off of one of these things in his games? Keep in mind it’s one pitch and with the balance thing it could look entirely different on flat ground or on something larger like a mound or portable mound.

We try to look at everyone but 24 hours may go by…sometimes more depending on the time of year. It is very seldom that a vid gets ignored.
Wales is right though the video forum is more active as far as response and analysis…but it’s voluntary so please keep that in mind too.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Hard to say on that mound thing. He is struggling for balance. Does he have to throw off of one of these things in his games? Keep in mind it’s one pitch and with the balance thing it could look entirely different on flat ground or on something larger like a mound or portable mound.

We try to look at everyone but 24 hours may go by…sometimes more depending on the time of year. It is very seldom that a vid gets ignored.
Wales is right though the video forum is more active as far as response and analysis…but it’s voluntary so please keep that in mind too.[/quote]

No he doesn’t have to. It’s basically the same as one of those portable mounds.
Please explain where he is struggling with his balance? He goes in his wind up and delivers in a athletic position. I’m not following you on balance?

I posted the topic under “youth” cause that what he is 10 year old. But I actually didn’t look at the other forums. That’s my bad! Thanks for the heads up.

Ok, well it looks like he has to get himself carefully into position and keep his place there in mind, that does seem to me, to affect his delivery. try it off of a similar thing (to scale)…in tennis shoes and see if you are more conservative in your body movements.

I agree with JD on the balance on that mound, he seems to struggle with balance on it. The main flaw I see is early shoulder rotation. Big surprise. All kids do it. See my post above for my 11yo.

He actually looks pretty decent in his first pitch up until about the 0:03 second mark when his head gets pulled off to the left. At release his head is so far to the left that he isn’t even looking at his target any longer. Just like in batting, the head has to stay still and on target or you will have huge consistency issues.

I also notice that his hips are turning with his shoulders (hips should turn before shoulders) which could be robbing him of some extra mph. He is also not fully rotating his hips. Specifically, his glove side hip is not rotating after foot plant causing his trunk to lockup at release.

Overall, he looks like he doesn’t have a problem with velocity, however as I noted there are a few things he can do better to get the most out of his body. You will have to let us know how he is with consistency though. Does he typically miss up-and-in and/or down-and-away on a righty? That would be my guess from the video. Keep videoing and posting to let us know how he’s progressing.