1 more pitch

i was thinking of experimenting with a 5th pitch just to amuse myself between seasons

what should it be?

Arsenal:

4SFB

Cutter [moves more like a slider, breaks about a foot to a foot 1/2]

Palmball [moves like its being rolled on a table… with more speed]

Curve [1-7, RH hitters tend to jump backwards when they see this for the first couple times and LH batters give up on it thinking its a wild pitch then it drops in for a low strike… can also throw it hard and it looks like a fastball then drops down and away]

im playing around with a sinker but its not going all that well…[/code]

How bought you work on the pitches you have right now and perfect them. I see this more and more kids think the more pitches the better. Johan Santana the best MLB pitcher has only 4 pitches and 3 which he uses all the time the 4-seam, Change-up and slider. So if you can hit the corner with that pitch 80% of the time and it’s perfect then add another pitch but my guess is that you can’t so just work on the pitches you have.

I agree, but you can still work on sinking your fastball as well, and RIstar aren’t you the same age as Offset (pheen) ?[quote]I see this more and more kids think the more pitches the better.[/quote]

I dont mean to be mean or anything because I havent seen you throw. But if your cutter moves a foot and a half its probably a slider. If not, I want your autograph because your going to win about 60 Cy Youngs.

I throw a sinking fastball maybe its a sinker I don`t know. Its hard for me to really relate because I throw submarine. I guess anytime you get good sink on a ball you can obtain more ground balls…which is a good thing.

LOL i asked if my cutter was a slider in another topic but all said it was a cutter

The idea of a cutter is an off-balance fastball. I can throw my cutter up to 2 feet easily. I can take it from the batter to the outside of the plate. But I don’t do this. It is slow when I do that and not very effective. If someone sat on it they’d crush it. I choose to throw my cutter faster and sharper.

Before you said this MNpitcher I was going to suggest him to take his cutter throw it faster and with less movement. You already have a curve and this cutter is almost acting like a curve so theres no reason to have it.

The differnece between a slider and a cutter is a slider is thrown with supination a cutter isn’t. You can throw a cutter that breaks to the right for a RHP. It depends on how you hold it. A cutter can go right, left, slow, fast, all depending on how you throw it. Though most cutters are fast and sharp because that is the way they’re most effective.

The idea of a cutter is an off-balance fastball. I can throw my cutter up to 2 feet easily. I can take it from the batter to the outside of the plate. But I don’t do this. It is slow when I do that and not very effective. If someone sat on it they’d crush it. I choose to throw my cutter faster and sharper.

Before you said this MNpitcher I was going to suggest him to take his cutter throw it faster and with less movement. You already have a curve and this cutter is almost acting like a curve so theres no reason to have it.

The differnece between a slider and a cutter is a slider is thrown with supination a cutter isn’t. You can throw a cutter that breaks to the right for a RHP. It depends on how you hold it. A cutter can go right, left, slow, fast, all depending on how you throw it. Though most cutters are fast and sharp because that is the way they’re most effective.[/quote]
i agree… but my “cutter” is as fast as my fastball… maybe 1-2 MPH slower WITH that break

If that is true then your fastball is not as fast as it should be.

then how do i get it faster

I would love to see or have you explain how you grip and throw your cutter. PM if you would like. Thanks blm.

http://www.stevenellis.com/steven_ellis_the_complete/2007/05/how_to_throw_a__7.html

thanks, just one more question ,what direction is the wrist turned for a lefty? clockwise,counter clockwise ???

You really don’t want to turn your wrist over unless your 17 or older. This could really mess up your arm. The way I throw my cutter is hold it off-balance and just follow through like a regular fastball that’s it. That shouldn’t hurt your arm at all.

only 15, so thanks for the warning. Good pitch to work on this off season.

lol offset you’re full of shit.
so full of shit.

[quote=“3and0”]lol offset you’re full of *****.
so full of *****.[/quote]

Is this a joke?

Why are you saying that?

He’s just cross because I threw rocks at the birds.

Just because you don’t understand a pitch doesn’t mean that you get to bash anyone who does 3 and 0.

I think if you add a pitch, work on a knuckleball, even if it isn’t great it is a great sinking change-up, once you get good it will move and then that is just gravy.

At least you didn’t throw rice at them. :wink:

I still think you need to change your sig to “Knuckleballs pwn me!”

Oh I changed my sig. but, not to that.

haha, but we need spin! Please don’t kill it!