FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Register Log in

Ask Questions. Share Answers. Pitch Better.

Ulnar Nerve
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let's Talk Pitching Forum Index -> Pitching Injuries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JR.Navarro34
All Star
All Star

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009    Post subject: Ulnar Nerve Reply with quote

Anyone know more about it?
i told my therapist my arm hurted when i threw and he said it was the ulnar nerve. That it jumps and it hurts.
JR.Navarro34
All Star
All Star

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one?
No clue of a ulna nerve eh?
the_K_king#2
All Star
All Star

PostPosted: Mar 29, 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you want to know about it?
JR.Navarro34
All Star
All Star

everything.........when it bothers you......what can you do to help it
the_K_king#2
All Star
All Star

well the ovious thing to do would be to see a doctor, but in the mean time you should definately rest it.. don't even pick up a ball for a while. also you should try to do some light running/jogging to speed up the healing process. last fall mine hurt some. i rested it until this season and haven't felt any pain this season.
watever you do, don't try and play through the pain. that will only make matters worse, and you don't want to end up getting tommy john surgery.
cball88
Junior High
Junior High

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

im actually battling aa badly inflammed ulna nerve......its been going on for about 6 months now. iv rested it for weeks at a time but as sonn as i start pitching again it comes right back. i went to the dr a few times and he tells me the same thing each time, that my shoulder is really tight and that is causing my ulna nerve to be inflammed in my elbow. idk if its true but after my season im gonna look into getting the ulna transport surgery.
the_K_king#2
All Star
All Star

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

cball88 wrote:
im actually battling aa badly inflammed ulna nerve......its been going on for about 6 months now. iv rested it for weeks at a time but as sonn as i start pitching again it comes right back. i went to the dr a few times and he tells me the same thing each time, that my shoulder is really tight and that is causing my ulna nerve to be inflammed in my elbow. idk if its true but after my season im gonna look into getting the ulna transport surgery.

if it's not torn then there is no point in getting surgery. the doc is probably telling you the truth.......
kyleb
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_K_king#2 wrote:
cball88 wrote:

if it's not torn then there is no point in getting surgery. the doc is probably telling you the truth.......

Not true. The transport surgery will re-set the nerve into its groove which will substantially reduce pain and swelling. However, that will only treat the symptom - the cause is improper pitching mechanics.
cball88
Junior High
Junior High

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that id one thing im almost positive its not...which is my mechanics. i feel as if my mechanics are where they need to be. not saying they are perfect, but 3 yrs ago i attended a tom house pitching camp and he worked with me. the dr said it was tightness in my shoulder but idk. i hve a dr's appt 2mro to see if surgery is next or not
the_K_king#2
All Star
All Star

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleb wrote:
the_K_king#2 wrote:
cball88 wrote:

Not true. The transport surgery will re-set the nerve into its groove which will substantially reduce pain and swelling. However, that will only treat the symptom - the cause is improper pitching mechanics.

whats the point of getting a surgery that always carries a risk of getting seriously injured when you could just rest and be good as new after a while
Campbellke11
Little League
Little League

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2011    Post subject: Ulnar Nerve Reply with quote

I had the surgery done, its not always about bad pitching mechanics either. Its a repetitive motion injury. Also, whoever said something about the ulnar nerve tearing and waiting till surgery then...I really hope you were thinking the Ulnar Collateral Ligament, (UCL), and not the nerve. If the nerve tears you lose the use of your arm.

My suggestion, go see an orthopedic surgeon, a good one, and follow his advice. Surgery was necessary for me, I hope its not for you.... but its possible.
Kdemo24
Junior High
Junior High

PostPosted: May 19, 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had ulnar transposition in sep of 2008. sharp pain shooting down the inside of the forearm to the pinky ring fingers. pinky ring fingers going numb or tingling. pain at the bottom of elbow "ulnar groove" Surgery worked like a charm.... pain free . anything else you want to know let me know. kinda have experience with arm injuries . 1 nerve 2 tj's. feel free.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Let's Talk Pitching Forum Index -> Pitching Injuries All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: